Kingdom Hearts Forums - Kingdom Hearts Ultimania: DSi Exclusive? - Kingdom Hearts Forums - Kingdom Hearts Ultimania

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DSi Exclusive? Just got a call from GameStop Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Doomy 

• Head of Fangames
  • Group: KHU Committee

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:29 AM

I just got a call from GameStop, informing me that Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days may only work on the forthcoming Nintendo DSi. It could be a ploy to get people to preorder the console, since that's what he was trying to get me to do, but who knows?

Discuss.

#2 User is offline   Jetzudan 

• boxing queen.

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:42 AM

Most likely a ploy to get people to pre-order. Making it exclusive to the DSi would alienate a very huge fanbase, would it not? They'll probably make some limited edition DSi bundle in Japan, but not exclusivity.

#3 User is offline   Grassy 

• Fuckin Duke Nukem 4ever, how does it work?
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:47 AM

I doubt it.

The developers have continually emphasized it as a DS game. I know that there are going to be DSi exclusives, though, so, at the same time, it is possible. But one can assume that many of the DSi exclusives will be so because they're implementing the camera feature, something that I think it's safe to say will not be incorporated into Days.

The only reason why I could see it as being DSi exclusive would be because of the amount of space it takes up.

Even then, though, it would be an idiotic decision at best. Sales would be substantially less than they would if it were released on the DS.

#4 User is offline   Denizen 

• Dual Keyblade Wielder

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

I don't know about exclusive, but I can definitely see 358/2 being released on both the NDS and NDSi. I mean, let's look at some factors:
1). Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was featured in the Japanese 2009 Nintendo DSi lineup.
2). In Japan, there will be a limited edition Kingdom Hearts themed Nintendo DSi packaged together with Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Just some things to keep in mind.

#5 User is offline   Ryusuke 

• Throughly Disappointed
  • Group: Site Staff

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:30 PM

Mario and Luigi 3 was announced with the Nintendo DSi....however...it's still playable in a regular DS.

DSi is just a DS with some media stuff in there. 358/2 Days should be able to play in our regular ol' DS handhelds.

#6 User is offline   Denizen 

• Dual Keyblade Wielder

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE(Ryusuke @ Feb 25 2009, 08:30 AM) View Post

DSi is just a DS with some media stuff in there. 358/2 Days should be able to play in our regular ol' DS handhelds.

Not quite. The Nintendo DSi has a larder screen than the Nintendo DS, therefore games for the DSi will be different than games for the DS. The DSi will be able to play DS games, but will feature black bars like when playing a GBA game on a DS*. However, games made specifically for the DSi will be made to fit the DSi's larger screen and will not be compatible with the DS.
So if 358/2 Days is released for the DSi, all of the DS owners will have to upgrade.
Not to mention what TGA said.
Games that fully utilize the DSi's features will most likely not work very well on the DS.

* Maybe it will be an option when playing a DS game on the DSi to play with black bars on the sides or to do a full screen mode or something that stretches the picture.

#7 User is offline   Sorange 

• The Flurry Of Dancing Flames

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:38 AM

I seriously hope that it won't be for the DSi. Nothing against it but I just don't have it yet. But I do agree that the sales for 358/2 Days will go down if its an exclusive for the DSi. What they could do is sell a bundle to promote the DSi a bit more but sell the game seperately that is compatible for the DS.

Hopefully.

#8 User is offline   Doomy 

• Head of Fangames

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

I honestly think it was just a ploy, considering he called me the day GameStop started taking DSi preorders. I think, with it being this close to release in Japan, SE would have made it clear that it would be a DSi exclusive. As far as I know, it doesn't have any features that need the DSi model.

#9 User is offline   Jalian 

• Spectre

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:49 AM

i dbout it, at least not exclusive... as for the whole larger screen thing, if a regular ds game can have its screen enlarged on the dsi, then a dsi game can be made smaller for ds... plus, the fanbase would be poor. DSI has a camera, and nothing else above the DS, and i can't see a kingdom hearts game relying on a camera to obtain anything, can u? it was dumb enough with ff3 requiring wifi... now i need a wireless router specifically for the extras in that game...

#10 User is offline   Denizen 

• Dual Keyblade Wielder

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(Marluxia @ Feb 26 2009, 02:49 AM) View Post

i dbout it, at least not exclusive... as for the whole larger screen thing, if a regular ds game can have its screen enlarged on the dsi, then a dsi game can be made smaller for ds... plus, the fanbase would be poor. DSI has a camera, and nothing else above the DS, and i can't see a kingdom hearts game relying on a camera to obtain anything, can u? it was dumb enough with ff3 requiring wifi... now i need a wireless router specifically for the extras in that game...

Perhaps you will be able to download plug-ins and expansions from the DSiWare Store?

Who knows.

#11 User is offline   Azu 

• Keyblade Master
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

People, there's no such thing as a DS lite game and a DSi game (as seperate units). All of the games you can buy from a store are DS games in general and will work on EVERY kind of DS.

A game CAN have DSi-exclusive features (though, the only one that comes to mind is supporting the Camera somehow, downloadable extra content has already been included in a lot of DS games in the past, so that has been proven to not be impossible on earlier DS models), but that, in no way, prevents a game from working on earlier DS models. DSi is basically a DS lite without a GBA slot and with a camera. It's not DS 2 (you know, like there is PS1 and PS2), just a new kind of DS "1" model (just like there was the slim PS2).

The only DSi exclusive games are the DOWNLOADABLE ones that are sold at the DS Ware service. You can't even access the service on DS lite or DS Phat, so there's no worry of you ever buying such a game and noticing it doesn't work on your DS lite and that you should have DSi to play them. And even then, those games would probably work on DSlite, since you still PLAY (almost) all of the games in the same way you play normal DS games (unless they implement the camera into the gameplay), with XYABRL buttons, D-pad and touch screen.

A DS is a DS, no matter if it's Phat, Lite or i.

Not quite. The Nintendo DSi has a larder screen than the Nintendo DS, therefore games for the DSi will be different than games for the DS. The DSi will be able to play DS games, but will feature black bars like when playing a GBA game on a DS*. However, games made specifically for the DSi will be made to fit the DSi's larger screen and will not be compatible with the DS.
So if 358/2 Days is released for the DSi, all of the DS owners will have to upgrade.
Not to mention what TGA said.
Games that fully utilize the DSi's features will most likely not work very well on the DS.

That is complete & utter BS. No one should believe anything you've just said. DS lite had larger screens than DS Phat, yet DS Phat has absolutely NO problems playing games that have been made after DS lite was released. Once again, a DS game is a DS game and it will work on EACH & EVERY DS model in existence.

#12 User is offline   Elemental_Sorcerer012 

• Elemental Alchemist

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(Azu @ Mar 9 2009, 09:40 AM) View Post

A game CAN have DSi-exclusive features (though, the only one that comes to mind is supporting the Camera somehow, downloadable extra content has already been included in a lot of DS games in the past, so that has been proven to not be impossible on earlier DS models), but that, in no way, prevents a game from working on earlier DS models. DSi is basically a DS lite without a GBA slot and with a camera. It's not DS 2 (you know, like there is PS1 and PS2), just a new kind of DS "1" model (just like there was the slim PS2).

Wait a minute! I read in articles about it that it DID include the GBA slot.

#13 User is offline   Grassy 

• Fuckin Duke Nukem 4ever, how does it work?

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(Azu @ Mar 9 2009, 09:40 AM) View Post

The only DSi exclusive games are the DOWNLOADABLE ones that are sold at the DS Ware service.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/02/18/dsi-e...ng-into-retail/

Again, though, the probability of Days becoming a DSi exclusive is next to nothing. Really nothing period. The idea itself is idiotic.

But, since there is (and here it's unfortunate), a margin of possibility, regardless of how small it is, you cannot just definitively jump in here and say "NO /THREAD." Should it might as well be "no"? Yes. But it isn't.

#14 User is offline   Roguehart 

• Weakling

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

if they release a dsi bundle like they are going to in japan then it wont make a difference to me as i'll be getting the bundle.

however i do hope that its not dsi exclusive. it would hurt sales a lot. although it would probably help dsi sales it would hurt days sells. and i dont want that to mess up possible future ds installments as the ds and dsi are unique gaming systems to say the least

#15 User is offline   FlipmodeMVP 

• Ultimate Keyblade Hero

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:31 AM

My local GAME has 358 listed as a DS game whereas other games (few) have DSI next to them, and it's just not gona happen.

Another version tailor made for DSI? Maybe, but that's still very boubtfull imo. And as someone said for them to anounce it this close to the JAP launch (grrr come on english version!) would be stupid.

#16 User is offline   Denizen 

• Dual Keyblade Wielder

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:35 AM

Even if 358/2 Days is not exclusively for the DSi, it is clearly obvious that you are intended to play it on one. I mean, the Kingdom Hearts themed DSi and now the 358/2 Days DSi protective shell? Get a hint.

I don't really see what the big deal is. I traded my DSlite in for 70% off on my DSi purchase; it knocked it down to just $100, but I think I was stilled taxed for all $170... sad.gif
And last night I received a call from EB saying that I can pick up my DSi early... But I have to go to EB tonight at 10(closing) and get a "V.I.P." ticket and then go back at midnight?? I don't know if I really need it thaaat bad, but who knows?

The point is, if you have $111.xx and a DSlite , you should go to your local GameStop/EB(X) and trade in your old handhelds for the %-off deals! Go, while there is still time!!!

Hey! Why are still reading this? Get up and go!!

GO!!!!

#17 User is offline   sakuchan 

• It's time to kick ass n' chew bubble gum
  • Location:Traverse Town Hotel. I charge $120/night for the Green Room

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(Denizen of Twilight @ Apr 4 2009, 06:35 PM) View Post

Even if 358/2 Days is not exclusively for the DSi, it is clearly obvious that you are intended to play it on one.

Of course, so says all developers who manufacture this and that-they all intend for you to use their products. I sigh when people are adamant on getting the dsi when they already have the lite. Don't get me started on the dsi, I consider it a dupe-product that's hardly relevant to real gaming needs and instead, entice consumers with bells, whistles, and a provocative skirt.

#18 User is offline   Denizen 

• Dual Keyblade Wielder

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(sakuchan @ Apr 5 2009, 06:03 AM) View Post

Of course, so says all developers who manufacture this and that-they all intend for you to use their products. I sigh when people are adamant on getting the dsi when they already have the lite. Don't get me started on the dsi, I consider it a dupe-product that's hardly relevant to real gaming needs and instead, entice consumers with bells, whistles, and a provocative skirt.

Tsk, tsk. You are a Negative Nancy kill joy!
While you are sulking in your dark corner, petting your DSlite and remembering the past, I'll be playing my DSi and, well, not being all emo.

#19 User is offline   Elemental_Sorcerer012 

• Elemental Alchemist

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(Denizen of Twilight @ Apr 5 2009, 11:40 PM) View Post

Tsk, tsk. You are a Negative Nancy kill joy!
While you are sulking in your dark corner, petting your DSlite and remembering the past, I'll be playing my DSi and, well, not being all emo.

Well, I just got mine! It's really cool! biggrin.gif

And no, there are no black bars for the older DS games. Everything fits just nicely! So no one has to worry about Days looking wierd! happy.gif

#20 User is offline   Denizen 

• Dual Keyblade Wielder

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(Dark_Sorcerer666 @ Apr 6 2009, 12:17 AM) View Post

Well, I just got mine! It's really cool! biggrin.gif

And no, there are no black bars for the older DS games. Everything fits just nicely! So no one has to worry about Days looking wierd! happy.gif

Yep, I was wrong about that, but I did not realize that the screens were only increased in size by .5

#21 User is offline   EnigmaticSoldier 

• Wooden Sword Wielder

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

If this is the case, if 358/2 days is for DSi only, than I am glad that I am getting one. But I'm pretty sure that you can play DS games on a DSi.

#22 User is offline   Denizen 

• Dual Keyblade Wielder

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(EnigmaticSoldier @ Apr 14 2009, 08:36 AM) View Post

If this is the case, if 358/2 days is for DSi only, than I am glad that I am getting one. But I'm pretty sure that you can play DS games on a DSi.

Yeah, you can. But you cannot play the DSiWare games on a regular DS/Lite.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users